Personal Information Collection Statement
Collection of your personal data
- From time to time, it is necessary for you to provide Hopewell Real Estate Agency Limited (“HREA” or“ we”) with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities if you do not provide the necessary information and particulars.
- We may also compile information about you. Personal information and particulars provided by you and all information compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as “Data”.
Purposes for which your personal data are used
- We may use your Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- marketing and promoting services, products, facilities and other subjects (please see further details in “Use of your personal data in direct marketing” section below):
- communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means;
- conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your shopping, dining, spending and/or other consumption needs, preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
- designing new and/or enhancing existing services, products, facilities, activities, contests, reward programs, lucky draws and/or other events relating to our shopping malls or shops in our shopping malls (“Merchants”);
- managing customer relationship and satisfaction;
- operating and administering any membership clubs or loyalty or reward programmes;
- making disclosure when required by law or court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authority or administrative organization;
- protecting the rights or properties of HREA, and the subsidiaries and associated companies of its parent company in good faith, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed by such interfering activities; and
- any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
Transfer of your personal data
- We may disclose and transfer your Data to the following parties for purposes set out in paragraph 3 above (other than for the purpose of direct marketing):
- our affiliated companies, Hopewell Group, subsidiaries and associated companies of Hopewell Group;
- our agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer or other services to or support the operation of our business (including our direct marketing activities);
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation to whom we are required by the law or court to disclose or transfer data; and
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers etc).
Use of your personal data in direct marketing
- We are allowed to use your Data in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object.
- In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
- to use your name, contact details, customer profiling information, services and products portfolio information, and transaction pattern and behavior collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time ; and
- to market and promote the services, products, facilities, activities, contests, lucky draws and/or events relating to our shopping malls or Merchants (including consumer goods, food and beverages, books and stationery, fashion and accessories, children goods, watches, jewellery and other luxurious goods, optical products, personal care, health and beauty products and services, home furnishing and appliances, florists, sports gear and products, electronic products and appliances, bank outlets and financial services, cultural, community, entertainment and sporting facilities and activities, charity activities, motor vehicles and car parking facilities etc).
- You may write to us at the address below or contact us via the contact information provided in our direct marketing materials to opt out from direct marketing at any time.
How to access or correct your personal data or contact us
- You are entitled to access or correct your Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that any of your Data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
- A request for access to or correction of your Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of personal data held by us may be sent to us at the following email address: email@example.com
- In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
This Statement is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.